You can now make it convenient for the patients by sending them the pre-appointment forms electronically rather than travelling all the way to the clinic to pick them up. Let’s see how!
Step 1: Refer ‘Compose Message' to compose the Secure-Mail message to your patient.
Step 2: In the body of the Secure-Mail message, give detailed instructions to the patients on:
- How they should fill up the pre-appointment forms
- The manner in which you expect them back (send you back via secure mail or carry the hard copy when they visit the clinic).
- The date you would like to receive them
Below are 2 cases that assume that the patients are expected to email the pre-appointment forms back to the clinic:
Case 1: If the form is an editable PDF document then the patient should:
- Download it on their system
(Please click here to learn more about downloading attachments)
- Fill up the form with accurate details and save it in a folder/location on their system
- Log back into your account and click the 'Compose' button.
(Please click here to learn more about composing secure messages)
- Alternatively, you can reply to the clinician’s message by selecting the secure message and clicking 'reply' at the footer. Attach the saved form from the correct folder/location and click send. Do not forget to include a message in the body.
Case 2: If the form is not editable PDF document then patient should:
- Download it on their system and print it.
- Fill up the form in legible handwriting, scan it and save it in the desired folder/location on your system.
- Follow steps 3 & 4 from Case 1 above.
Step 3: Send the Secure-Mail message from ‘Shared Account’ or ‘My Account’.
For patient’s convenience it is always better to send editable pre-appointment forms.
Please note that instructions mentioned in both these above cases are suggestive as recommended by Brightsquid and can be modified as per the processes followed in your practice.